Awards and recognition are always wonderful, especially to an attention hungry Leo like myself. But when it comes from a fellow blogger, it is all the more sweet and coveted. Thanks Rachna for conferring this honour on me. Right back at ya!!
As a recipient of this award, I'm expected to link back to the person who gave me this award I also have to write 7 honest things about myself. That's going to make me think very hard now! But guess it could be fun.
1. I am your typical Leo-aggressive, determined, passionate and a bit of a drama queen. I am rather 'take charge' in a situation and also a control freak.
2. I never do things in half measures. I love and hate with equal intensity. I have high expectations of people that I love and feel bad if they do not measure up to it - impractical and unrealistic I know. But there you are. But for those that I hate, I ignore them and / or cut them out of my life totally.
3. I am generally straight forward and say things openly, frankly and probably rashly also. I have been told many times to temper my words. I try - can't say I succeed much.
4. Quick tempered - surprise! surprise! I flare up easily and say things which I regret later. I used to think I cool off easily also - but turns out that I'm actually a sulker!! I need to be coaxed and cajoled to get out of my bad mood. Bad girl!!
5. I'm articulate and like to think that communication is my strong point. I can speak several languages. I can speak in any situation and do not get fazed by public speaking. Perhaps my writing is also not-so-bad?
6. I am a loyal friend. I choose my friends with care and try to stand by them when they need me. Not to say that I mince words in telling them if they are in the wrong. But I will still stand by them. And my friends will vouch for this.
7. Although I do not believe in gender stereotypes, I like girlie stuff like clothes, make up, cooking and shopping :)))
So, those of you who know me - do you agree with these 7 things about me?
I'd like to pass on this Award to three people:
Meera : My sister, my friend and a recent convert to blogging. Am super impressed at how well she has taken to this new passion of hers.
Sandhya : I find her writing very sweet, gentle and rather maternal.
Partha : A recent friend. I am amazed at his enthusiasm for writing and creating when most others like him would not be.
Keep up the blogging!!
- Welcome!Blogging is a form of self expression for me. I find it a wonderful, democratic space. So often in life, our articulation and expression are controlled by environment-like relationships or work place. Here, it is only about me and what I want to say. I write about anything: books, movies, issues, rants...anything which strikes a chord in me or makes me think. Life's lighter moments, highs and lows, causes, opinions. Anything. I follow no structure. It is all about self expression - a form of empowerment if you like.
It took nearly 22 years to build the Taj Mahal. I thought it would take me almost as long before I got around to finishing my Agra trilogy...
As I was watching some political news the other day, I got to wondering about party election symbols. What is the etymology of election symb...
Over lunch with friends this afternoon, we got to talking about our favourite books. Naturally, I stated mine as Pride and Prejudice, tha...
If you're a Holi lover, you're going to think I'm crazy. But the truth of the matter is that I do not really enjoy Holi. Way b...
An estimated 60% of 9.8 million Jews in Europe perished in the Holocaust. The greatest losses were seen in: - Poland: 3 million - Russia: ...
An inveterate TV watcher, period dramas are my favourite. Be they Indian or western, I simply love watching movies, serials, dramas that a...
- ▼ April (5)
- ► 2010 (27)
- Agra (5)
- Amsterdam (3)
- Animals (3)
- Child Speak (3)
- Culture and Heritage (17)
- Desh Raag (12)
- Europe (5)
- Festivals (1)
- Gender (4)
- Guest Post (1)
- Humour (18)
- India (26)
- Its A Jungle Out There (5)
- Metro Madness (5)
- Mirror of Venus (12)
- Museums (2)
- Music (1)
- Nature (1)
- Paintings (1)
- Politics (3)
- Purani Jeans (8)
- Random (15)
- Rantings (14)
- Reviews (12)
- Society (2)
- Television (4)
- Travel (16)
- Trivia (3)
- Vignettes (12)
- Women (3)
- World Heritage Site (4)